Help!! No sound
  • I have tried EVERYTHING on these forums! Please help me, tell me some stuff to type and I'll say if it works or not! Thanks
  • I have similar issues when I first got my Pi set up. If you have an HDMI cable hooked up, it is trying to output the sound over HDMI. You will have to specify the target of your sound if you want it to go to the 3.5mm jack. A simple search of these forums led me to this post: http://pimame.org/forum/discussion/769#Item_1

@mholgatem details instructions on how to get sound to work.
  • I have tried that already
  • Do you have speakers plugged in? Are they turned on? How about the volume? You aren't really giving us any idea what you have tried, or what the problem is. We can't help you if you don't give us enough information.
  • When I play games there is no sound, I am using a TV for sound and display, I am using HDMI and have done the a mixer and things like that
  • So the sound should be going through the HDMI also then? You may have to force the sound to output over HDMI in the /boot/config.txt file. There is a forum topic about it here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5062
  • Nothin happens when I type /boot/config.txt
  • All I can hear is a buzzing sound
  • you need to type
    sudo nano /boot/config.txt
    'sudo' gives you full permissions (Super-User-DO), 'nano' is the name of a program, a basic text editor, and then lastly is the file that you want to edit '/boot/config.txt'
  • Ahhhh windows users..... completly lost without a mouse and a graphical user interface... in fact with a real OS :D.... I think Pi is a good way to develop the use of Linux... but some basis should be necessary to avoid all of these noob questions : rights management, files tree organisation, bash commands etc.... a long long way to go
  • There's nothing in the file I already tried that
  • then you probably typed something incorrectly and it's creating a new file. by default, there is a bunch of commands that are commented out (lines that start with '#' are comments)
  • I type sudo nano /boot/config.txt and a new line just appears
  • I got it to work! All I did was plug in a volume cable from the pi to the tv then I went Sudo raspi-config advance options Audi headphones

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!