PCSX_Rearmed control mapping
  • Hi all,

I've had some success getting my Xbox360 controller working ingame for the pisnes and Genesis emulators but I can't get it to work in the PSX emu. When I try to map the buttons using the emu's config each button will only map to A which means I end up with the same button mapped to everything. Is there a config file that I can edit (I've searched but not found anything) or another way to map the controls?
  • Have you had any luck with this? I managed (just about, I had similar issues to you) to set all the buttons to my arcade buttons, but PCSX doesn't remember this between reboots and I need to reset them each time. Looked for a config file myself to set default controls but couldn't find anything either
  • No luck. Maybe I could map the buttons to keyboard commands and then use the PCSX config to map buttons to keys. It's a bit roundabout but I haven't tried it yet. I've seen threads here about the reboot issue, but I'd have to solve my first problem to encounter that one.

How did you manage in the end to sort out the controls?
  • As for me, got my generic USB controller to work with pisnes by editing snes9x.cfg. With pcsx, all other buttons are recognized save for the direction pad.
  • Shea has almost finished the controller configuration menu. That could help, possibly.
  • Hopefully so. I've tried a few more things on and off over the last few weeks but no joy. I'm going to try a different controller tomorrow that will hopefully work a little better.
  • I have mapped the buttons onto keyboard commands and they stick after reboots.
    My arcade has the buttons/controls through gpio, so I am using keyboard commands.

I think I used the onscreen config to set the controller. I don't remember doing anything special like altering file permissions etc.

There was a time when you could not quite get everything working with just one controller. This was really annoying, I found the best method was using gpio and arcade buttons. This is more the problem between emulators and that each author does things their own way.

It would be nice to play SNES etc with a USB version of their original controller and this is where the Kickstarter is helping.
  • Umm. I have checked in the dir, but I cannot see any controls config file. So I must have just configured in the Emulator program itself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!