dip switch settings not saving
  • In 0.7 I didn't have this problem, but since upgrading to 0.8 I have not been able to save dip switch settings in games in AdvMame.
  • double check to make sure that they aren't getting changed further on down in your config file. That's a problem that I had when i first migrated to .8
  • I'm not sure what you mean. I was making the changes in the tab menu from within the Roms. When I restarted the ROM, none of the dip switch changes had saved.
  • any ideas?
  • FWIW, I have a similar problem in Advmame, but only with some games. Specifically, I cannot save settings in Zaxxon. Maybe the Advmame forum?
  • well, it worked fine before i updated to 0.8, so I don't know. I'm not sure what @mholgatem means when referring to the config file.
  • I can't remember exactly where the .advance folder is (/home/pi/.advance or /home/pi/pimame/.advance) but open that up and edit the advmame.rc file. There should be dip switch settings in there. If they are listed in more than one place, they can override each other.
  • I finally got a chance to check this, and I could not find the advance folder in either location.
  • I just double checked. it's /home/pi/.advance
    if you are using filezilla, you need to click "server" (it's in the top menu bar), then click "force showing hidden files"
  • OK, I was trying to use the command line text editor like I do for the boot config file.
  • I found a misc. free play setting that was set to yes and was apparently overriding individual game settings. Now some of my games aren't working though. I may have touched something I shouldn't have. I'll have to take another look at it later.
  • That explains why it always comes up in Free Play mode no matter what I set it to and save it. I'll have to poke around with this as well. thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!