NES Emulator not working propperly
  • the DEFINITIVE solution: tip from mholgatem
    Edit line 158 of menuitem.py
    change this: 'command': self.command + " " + os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(f))[0] + os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(f))[1]

to this: 'command': self.command + ' \'' + os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(f))[0] + os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(f))[1] + '\''

and DONE it will work propelly
  • Thanks! I'll try it as soon as I get home. ^_^
  • Changed it. Works like a charm! Thanks again!!!
  • This fix will be integrated into the next beta. also, we will probably be moving to the fceux emulator as it tends to not distort the sound on raspberry pi
  • That sounds awesome! (No pun intended)
  • Hi Im running Beta 0.8.3 and the fceux emulator seems to be missing. Let me clarify I went in to the menu path and the folder structure for fceux doesn't seem to be there. Am I missing something or is this just the nature of Beta and caught you in mid change from the previous emulator?
  • .8.3 runs advmess rather than fceux. You can download and compile fceux if you'd like (that's what I ended up doing because it works better for sound) The next version will probably be running mednafen, which Shea says is looking like it should be a big step up performance wise.
  • So, I'm running the latest build and when I try to run a the NES emulator I get "/home/pi/pimame/emulators/mednafen/src/mednafen: not found"
    Also, when I go to the emulators folder and get a listing, I see dgen-sd1-1.32, fba, Gearboy, gpsp, mame4all-pi, pcsx_rearmed, and pisnes

I dug into the menu a bit and loks like the NES is pointing to mednafen (not surprising)

I also was a bit confused because it appears that a file that I uploaded to the NES folder through the web client is in the pisnes/roms folder as well as the roms/nes, but not in roms/snes (which is empty). This feels like a problem with a symbolic link.

Anyway, it seems I'm between two worlds here. Any thoughts?

• yeah, I would grab and official release .8 beta 3, unless you want to do some tinkering. Shea is close to finishing up several big bits (including migrating to mednafen instead of advmess) so not everything is quite ready. With a bit of work, you could probably get it running or you can wait another couple of (weeks?) and we'll have the new version out.
  • Yeah, as I was messing around last night I thought "You know, maybe I should just start from scratch and stay away from that "update" button."

On the plus side, I have a better understanding of how things fit together in there.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.
  • yeah, no problem. I haven't had a chance to mess with the latest, so I'm not sure what is and isn't there for mednafen, but if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!