SOLVED - Wifi problem with TP-LINK TL-W725N
  • Hi,

I'm just starting with PiPlay, and already got some roms working. I only can't get my wifi to work. I'm using a TP-LINK TL-W725N, but the wifi config does not show any devices in the selectboxes.

Does anybody have an idea what i need to do?

I'm running the 0.8 beta3
  • You have to manually put your network name, password type (eg. WEP) and password in. It doesn't just see it.
  • I solved this by installing the latest raspbian through NOOBS. Then following the steps here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=462982 to install the driver. Then the wifi config automatically detected my wifi dongle.
  • I am having the same trouble. How do you get the lastest version of raspbian without completely reimaging the sd card? Or do I have to install NOOBS to do it?
  • I did a clean install of NOOBS, and wanted to install PiPlay (through the installer) after installing NOOBS. But through the installer I only could get the 0.7 version of PiPlay (without the visual menu). So that was not working for me.

I'm back to 0.8 beta 3 (reflashed my card), but now without the latest NOOBS version I can't connect to WiFi anymore.

It seems to be one or the other right now. Hope this gets fixed in the next update.
  • Thanks for the update. I was having the same issue. Have you tried any other adapters? I was thinking about trying a Tenda adapter but I am afraid I will have the same issue. I wonder if any one else has tried a different brand or model.
  • You're using the older installer. Try:
    wget -O - www.pimame.org/installer.sh | bash

That is 0.8 beta 1. Then run:
    wget -O - www.pimame.org/update.sh | bash

to upgrade to beta 3.

Good luck!

--
    Conno123009
  • Update: I completely started over. I installed the raspbian image and updated to the lastest version (I think 3.12.20+ #687). After that I installed the drivers for the wifi card and everything connected perfect! I then use code from Conno123009 to install the lastest version of pimame with success as well. Everything looks good except I still have an issue with the Xbox 360 wired controller not working correctly. All 4 ring lights keep flashing and I can't use it for any games. I have tried plugging it up directly to the pi and to a usb hub with no exceptions. I eventually want to have two controllers but I am hoping just to get one to work first. Any ideas?
  • Try typing lsusb
    Then post the output here. Thanks :D
  • Here is the output for lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
    Bus 001 Device 009: ID 045e:028e Microsoft Corp. Xbox360 Controller
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 093a:2510 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Optical Mouse
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 046d:c315 Logitech, Inc. Classic New Touch Keyboard

• your controller seems to be detected... now you should try the evtest/jstest program to see if all controls are working in the right way.
  • sudo xboxdrv --device-by-id "045e:028e"

Try this, it worked for me. Good luck ;)
  • Here is the output from using that command:

xboxdrv 0.8.4 - http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/
    Copyright © 2008-2011 Ingo Ruhnke
    Licensed under GNU GPL version 3 or later
    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
    conditions; see the file COPYING for details.

-- [ ERROR ] ------------------------------------------------------
    --device-by-id VENDOR:PRODUCT option must be used in combination with --type TYPE option
  • sudo xboxdrv --silent --config /home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg --dbus session --device-by-id "045e:028e"

Sorry, try that instead
  • It's sounds like piplay is using X no?
  • @ian57
    He did manage to copy the output of lsusb and xboxdrv. Which is very difficult in cli. So, yeah. Probably in X

:D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!