Trackball and Spinner Not Working
  • I have a Pi arcade cabinet running PiPlay 0.8b3 with all controls hooked up via a MiniPac keyboard encoder. My trackball works in the menu, but both axis are backwards. For example, when I scroll up, the mouse goes down. Then when I try to use it in a game, Missile Command for example, there is no response onscreen. The spinner gets no onscreen response in the menu or games.
  • Any ideas how to reverse each axis of the trackball in the PiPlay menu?
    Or enable analog control in a ROM? (Missile Command)
  • I would rather switch the wires if I have to change something physically. I would just prefer a software fix if possible.
  • The flipped directions are in the PiPlay menu. I can flip the wires,but I am almost certain it is wired correctly. I didn't know if there was a place in the programing to reverse it.

In mame games, the trackball is not working at all. It seems like mame is not recognizing the trackball is even there. The input analog controls shows "none" and I can't figure out how to get it to recognize my trackball or spinner.
  • Flipped wiring for trackball axis. Cursor now moves in correct direction in PiPlay menu. Still troubleshooting spinner. I think it may be a hardware issue.

Tested mouse in Missile Command and Arkanoid and it works. Trackball still does not. Mouse is hooked up through USB and trackball is hooked up through the MiniPac. I do not think the MiniPac is the problem though or it wouldn't work in the menu, right? It just seems like AdvanceMAME won't recognize it.
  • OK. I had an idea right after my last post and tried it, and it worked! I unplugged my mouse. Apparentely, with my mouse plugged in all the time like I had it, AdvanceMame doesn't recognize the trackball or it sees it as a second player input and not first. Trackball still doesn't work, so I'll continue working on that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!