see the front end emulators instead of the list.
  • Hello friends, I would like for help me with a question I have.
    In version 0.8 of pimame, when I enter any emulator, instead of leaving the interface typical of imame4all or advmame, I get a simple list with gray background.
    As I can do to get me out of the front end always advmame and MAME4ALL?
    Sorry for the English, I'm using google translator.
    Thank you very much in advance
  • i too was wondering if its possible to use the original frontend of emulators like final burn and mameforall, as it had some nice cataloging features.
  • It is, but it will take a while to load each frontend. Edit /home/pi/pimamme/pimame-menu/config.yaml and for each option you want too use a front end set overridemenu to yes and change the command to the front end.

Good luck
    --
    Conno123009
  • thanks for the heads up!
  • thank you very much for the reply. In the end I decided to go down to a previous version, since my level of linux is 0 and also a lot of work to configure emulator emulator.
    will wait for a full version.
  • I'm triying to it, but seems that I'm doing something wrong.

I set up the overridemenu to yes. The command seems already right, and the rompath too, but mame4all can't find the roms. I've also tried to set the rompath in the mame4all config file with the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
  • I couldn't get it to work either. Tried with snes & advmame but they ask for a specified rom.
    What should I put in the command line to load the front end?
  • I think it may be override_menu instead. Sorry, not sure
  • Hi esenoy.

You must change rompath in the /emulators/mame4all-pi/config.txt file.

enjoy... :-D
  • fba frontend is interesting because you can nagivate through roms easier.
    anyone could use it on this new piplay version?
  • when i run override_menu: yes on config.yaml i get this;
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yd1x8vtsmy5z7d6/2014-05-29 20.10.03.jpg
  • it looks like you are still pointing to the emulator (fba2x) rather than the frontend (fbacapex). change it in the config.yaml file
  • i did as u said and heres what im getting now mholgatem
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4tj5q39813ly8h/2014-05-30 12.18.24.jpg
  • you need to make a symbolic link named 'roms' that points to your rom folder.

cd ~/pimame/emulators/fba/
    sudo rm -r /roms
    ln -s /path/to/fba/roms roms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!