[SOLVED] Getting my games into the ROM library.
  • I'm sorry this is such a newb question. And happy for someone to point me in the direction of a post if it already exists (but I cant find one)

I purchased a SD card from PiHut with pimame pre installed. I have a load of mame and neo games on my PC, where do I start in regards to getting those games into the ROM library?
    Do I need to copy them onto the SD card (using PC) then once booted the Pi somehow copy them to the correct place? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick completly?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Edd...
  • Hey Edd

I'm a newbie too but here's what I did. From the command line (9 in the advmame menu) I typed startx to get to the pi desktop. Then I opened 2 explorer(?) windows (window key and letter E) Oh wait. go back. I already had a USB drive with rom games plugged into the USB port. Ok. Back to the 2 open windows. You should see a folder entitled roms. From the first window I opened my USB drive and transferred my rom games over to the roms folder in the second window. That worked for me after I rebooted. My question is, I got the new pimame 7 and I don't know where the roms folder is for mame4all. Any help? -Will
  • I use SFTP to transfer files. You need to have your Pi hooked up to your network but it is really the way to go.

http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier
  • sorry about the delay. thats great thanks guys, I will give those suggestions a go this weekend :)
  • Marked as solved

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!