Mortal Kombat in mame4all
  • Has anyone manage to get any version of Mortal Kombat to work in mame4all? I have tried various version of mk 1 2 3 umk3 etc and can't get any to work. Most don't load at all and a couple load but just show a fuzzy blend of colours. Any ideas?
  • i had no luck either with mk.
  • Yeah pretty sure I have had at least MK2 running as I got beaten into a pulp!!

Although it could have been SNES / MEGADRIVE versions... I have tried so many things I loose track.

I am sure I have seen the first screen where there is a layout of the ROM CHIPS and the emulator checks them filling them in on the screen before running the game. But again this might have been on PC or my OUYA. Too many emulators/projects!!!
  • Yeh I have a working mega drive version just none for mame.
  • MAME4ALL emulator shows the following should work (http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/wiki/GameList) :

mkla1 "Mortal Kombat (rev 1.0 08/08/92)"

mkla2 "Mortal Kombat (rev 2.0 08/18/92)"

mkla3 "Mortal Kombat (rev 3.0 08/31/92)"

mkla4 "Mortal Kombat (rev 4.0 09/28/92)"

mk "Mortal Kombat (rev 5.0 T-Unit 03/19/93)"

mk3r10 "Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 1.0)"

mk3r20 "Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 2.0)"

mk3 "Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 2.1)"

mk2r14 "Mortal Kombat II (rev L1.4)"

mk2 "Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1)"

mk2r32 "Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.2 (European))"
  • I wonder if it is a memory issue.

I will try and remember to check if MK works when I get home after work.
  • I have all these version and couldn't get any to work. Going to have a little play later and see if i can figure it out
  • Just tried it and it works. I am using MK1 rev 5.0 T-Unit 03

This is on 512mb RPi with 192mb allocated to GPU and quite a high over clock (I got heatsinks fitted).
  • I have a medium overclock do you think this is the difference between it working and not? It's enough to run some much larger sized games...
  • i know this topic is for mk but has anyone got mariokart64 running on mupen?
  • Mupen isnt' working for me, no idea why.
  • im running 0.7 rather than 8. no success loading any n64 roms. just a black screen....
  • i cant play any mk either.
  • I have it running on stock and it's a bit slow. I'm going to overclock to see if it works any better.
  • I overclocked it to medium, and it's still too slow and the sound is terrible.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!