Wii Controller Over bluetooth?
  • Is it possible I just saw this tutorial
  • Disclaimer: I didn't watch the entire video.

I use mine with PiMAME. I was tinkering around with different distributions so I made a script. You can give it a whirl if you like. Just make it executable and run it using: "./piWii.sh" Use at your own risk. I put some notes in it to try to explain what was going on. They were mostly for me so I could remember what the heck I was thinking since I'm pretty amateur. Read through it if you want.

The script will take a while since it installs a few packages. Once it's done it will ask you to reboot. Once you reboot, you need to run the command "sudo modprobe uinput". Then you can connect a wiimote with the command "wminput -c mame". The "mame" uses the button map that my script created which is for holding it horizontal like a gamepad. You can find all the included button maps in /etc/cwiid/wmiput. You can look through my script to see what buttons I mapped, modify it to fit your needs.

I modified the 0.7.10 menu to initiate a connection when it loads, then I added a menu item to let you initiate it again (if you missed it the first time). The wiimote works in the menu and in the emulators that I've tried.

script:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u0awq3jsu4fd1m/piWii.zip

Let me know what you think if you use it. If you have any questions or suggestions let me know...

Dustin
  • I have done this before. I remember using cwwid, wminput and stuff.
    It should work, though I never used it with PiMAME/PiPlay
    Good luck though
  • What about for 8.3 Beta? i just got my bluetooth dongles and tested the connection (Works great!)
  • It should work the same, you'd just have to modify the menu if you wanted to initiate a connection from it . I haven't installed 0.8 yet, I'll try to give it a shot in the next couple of days
  • Alright, I got it to work in retropi but not pima- errr pi play
  • What error did you get and when did you get it?
  • I don't know where it keeps the log..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!