KOF98, MetalSlug and Samurai Showdown
  • Greetings PiMAME comunity!
    Last night I´ve tried to run KOF98, MetalSlug and Samurai Showdown but they did not work on Neo Geo emulator and AdvMAME.

Is there any trick to run these games? Since I´ve tried diferent ROMs I believe its a config issue...

Thanks,
  • Have you got the neogeo bios files?

I cannot remember if they should all be in one ZIP neogeo.zip or as three seperate files (you only need 3 bios files).
  • Thanks for your answer Higgy69.

No, I don't have the bios files. Where can I get these and what should I do with them?
    Shea has a post about Neo Geo Emulation. Is this what I need to do?
    http://blog.sheasilverman.com/2012/06/neo-geo-emulation-on-the-raspberry-pi/

• Hi,

I have just been looking into this for you. I have had no luck with AdvanceMAME. I tried various MAME ROMSETS 0.37 - 0.106. And I cannot see where to add ROMS for GNGeo.

FBA (Final Burn Alpha) works really well. You need the BIOS files (000-lo.lo, sfix.sfx and sp-s2.sp1) These should be in the ROM games folder all within one ZIP file neogeo.ZIP

To get the BIOS files do a Google search, neogeo.zip or neogeo BIOS. Mr Silverman will not want LINKs on his website to the actual files.
    If the ZIP has loads of BIOS files inside it, you can delete them just to leave you with the three I mentioned.
  • Thanks again Higgy!

But I've tried diferent ROMs and BIOS on FBA and my screen blinks then goes back to menu. Ive got PiMAME 0.8 uptaded...

I hope to fix this soon, i love neo geo... Maybe you could mail me your neogeo.zip? lucas@lucassalcedo.com
  • i have the bios going to test some neo geo games later

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!