Xin Mo and Manual Pi-Mame install
  • Hi folks,

I have PiMame 7.10 installed and everything works nicely except:

1. I can only use 16 of the 22 buttons on my Xin-Mo ( I can live with this)
    2. I can't get my TP Link WN725N wifi dongle working. There are compiled binaries available for most Pi distributions but I can't get it to work with PiMame.

I'm thinking of downloading the latest version of Raspbian and installing PiMame using the installer. If I do this, will I get the updated Xin Mo module? I don't want to have to re-compile the kernel with the Xin-Mo patch?

Or, perhaps the latest version of PiMame will have the TPLink WN725N driver?
  • Interesting... I also use xin-mo but I only have 16 buttons but only 14 work. Are you using a powered hub for your adapter?
    If you use the installer I am pretty sure you won't get the kernel patch.
    Good luck
  • Thanks for that Conno. I'm using the Xin-mo dual 2 player controller which supports 22 buttons altogether. I understand that Mame4all has a max of 16 buttons per player. The problem sin my case seems to be that all the buttons are registering against a single player or controller rather than as 2. Haven't found a solution to this anywhere.

Not using a powered hub - although I do have one, the xin-mo is plugged in directly. The Xin-mo worked with 16 buttons before I had the powered hub.
  • Sorry I meant are you using the powered hub with your TPLink adapter :)
    I'll have to look into this later. I'm not sure why its not working.
    Good luck though

• Ah... yes I am... bought one especially for the TPLink in fact!

Apparently there are two versions of the TPLink adapter, V1 which works out of the box and V2 which needs a module complied for the version of Raspbian being used. For the regular raspbian releases, compiled versions are easily available. But no one appears to recognise my uname output - I guess the raspbian version used by pimame is non-standard?

• That makes it difficult. You could try and use the installer on a fresh rasbian install. You would then have to recompile the kernel for Xin-Mo, or (maybe) copy the kernel from pimame. Recompiling isn't too hard, I have had to do it twice. It only takes 8 hours ;)
    TPLink v2 driver install: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29752

Well good luck anyway!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!