Error ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM none
  • Hi I'm just got my raspberry B with PiMame v0.7.10 up and working and the only issue I seem to have is whenever I start up or shut down a game using AdvanceMAME, I get the following error message "ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM none " after about 20 seconds it does load the game and seem to play OK. I current have the sound out of the analog audio jack but got the same error with the sound from the hdmi. I down loaded the image twice and put the it on two different SD cards and got the same error using both.
    I read allot of posts about the this error but I didn't see any that end with the word "none".

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    Ray
  • what happens if you force audio through the 3.5mm jack?

sudo amixer cset numid=3 1

• If that doesn't fix it, use this to set it back to auto instead of 3.5mm

sudo amixer cset numid=3 0
  • Hi Thanks for your help, I tried it both ways through the config, but also tried it your way using the command line, but I'm still get the the error message either way
    Also got then same error running PiMame v0.7.09
  • Update everything! I dunno what else to tell you. sorry.
  • Just seen this one, I had that problem too, it disappeared after I updated to the latest version of Raspian after I totalled an install messing about - still don't know what caused it in truth.
  • I see the same thing on the 7.10 image, have done an apt-update, not done a firmware update though as this is known to break bluetooth....
  • I cd to pimame_installer/ then ran ./update.sh, it when through the update process ... still getting the same error, do I need to do a difference know of software update?
  • have you tried running a system update/upgrade? If not, try this:
    sudo apt-get update
    Update is used to resynchronize the package index files from their sources.

Then:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    Upgrade is used to install the newest versions of all packages currently installed on the system

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!