Recovery Console
  • The PiMAME image does not have a recovery mode on it, so there is no way to run fsck on the boot volume. I'm getting a WARN message about the boot volume every time I start up a freshly installed PiMAME image, and even going into single user mode, I cannot umount /boot because there are two processes still using it that apparently are immune to the kill command.

Shouldn't something this potentially troublesome to get working be built on a current raspbian image with the recovery screen still intact on it? Holding shift down at boot up does nothing because the loading movie is already playing by the time the startup wants to run fsck on /boot.

Any ideas of how to proceed?
  • the PiMAME 0.7.10 image is built on an older version of Raspbian. The next version that I'm currently working on will be built ontop of the latest version.

Once logged into, you can always edit rc.local or just delete the pimame movie file in the home directory to cause omxplayer to stop loading at boot.
  • Perhaps this might help. I ran into the same problem, did some searching on the net. This worked for me.

http://cagewebdev.com/index.php/raspberry-pi-checking-your-file-system/

Jim
  • JimD, yeah, I had tried that method of forcing fsck to run at startup - doesn't help. I did find what causes the problem though. A freshly installed PiMAME image doesn't have this particular issue right off the bat. It's only if you do the steps to update the distro on the SD, (sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade, sudo atp-get dist-upgrade, sudo rpi-update) when you reboot you'll start seeing the warnings about not being able to run fsck on /boot. At this point I'm not sure it's really anything to worry about.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!