A few more questions... I'm almost done. :)
  • I have got to the point where I can navigate advmenu and advmame with only the joystick and buttons, now I just have a few small problems that I'm sure you guys can help me with.

1. First question is about sound. I have a Galaga rom. it works perfect as far as speed and sound goes, but every other game I have just plays noise... hard to explain really, just a low beeping.

2. Next it is the speed of the games. Again Galaga works perfectly, but when I try any MK or SF game, its like it moves in slow motion. How can I speed up the games? I am Overclocked to 900Mhz.

3. Finally I have a question about the ROMS in general. I downloaded a bunch of roms that I wanted to try out, and added them to the roms folder. Only about half of them show up in advmame. What do I need to do with the roms that arent showing up.

Thanks in advanced guys.
  • 1. Probably wrong rom set. Look for ones specifically for 0.106
    2. You can't. Use Mame4All (uses older rom set, though). If still too slow, might have to go to a better computer.
  • I can't seem to find roms for any particular version of mame. They just say Mame. Do you know a website I can go to to look for them?

Also I have a converter program, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet...
  • I don't think anyone will just give you a site but try a search for .106 Roms and that's a starting point. Maybe throw the words arcade set or package in there.
  • On windows you can use clrmamepro to convert roms to a particular version.
  • Ive tried googleing but I can't seem to find anything. I have that clrmamepro, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I messed around with it a little, but haven't had any time to sit down with it and figure out how to convert the files.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!