PiSNES 2 player with same keyboard fix
  • I did it! I got two players working through the keyboard! I cloned the repository. Here is the link to download the zip file.

https://holgatemark1-pisnes-2-player.googlecode.com/archive/67bbc0d57cc6032d73ce4dc1be258bf0c721ca23.zip

unzip it and move it to your pi. Go to the folder that you moved it to and type 'make'.
    If you want to check out the changes, go to https://code.google.com/r/holgatemark1-pisnes-2-player/source/list
  • does the make command perform the necessary changes in the pisnes directory?
  • the make command will just build it in whatever folder that it is currently in. From there you can either remove the original 'pisnes' folder and rename this one, or copy the files to the 'pisnes' folder. You really only need to copy over snes9x and snes9x.cfg
  • will look into adding this to the next release! Thanks!
  • no problem! Thanks for all of your work on this project.
  • mholgatem,
    I only copied the snes9x file as I had already created a cfg with the 2nd player for the tank stick.
    I also had to edit permissions on the file when I moved it to the pisnes directory.

2 player mario kart! Awesome!
  • ha, that was the first game that I played too!
  • The latest changes work great for two different gamepads as well. Thanks!
  • great! glad it's working for you. can I ask what gamepads you are using?
  • Hi - I'm just wondering what changes I need to make in my cfg in order to get two gamepads working, rather than using two keyboards? I'm using the SNES RetroUSB controllers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• it's not two keyboards. it's one keyboard with two players on it using a different set of keys for each. can you post a link to the controllers that you are using?
  • hello,

make do an error :

//lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
    Makefile:107: recipe for target 'snes9x' failed

Could you help me, please ?

it's maybe important /usr/bin/ld as 0 ko
  • hello, I past compilation log

Linux raspberrypi 3.12.28+ #709 PREEMPT Mon Sep 8 15:28:00 BST 2014 armv6l

gcc -I/usr/include -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -c -D_ZAURUS -O3 -march=armv6 -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/SDL -I. -Iunzip -Isdl -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/glib-2.0/include -D__linux -DZLIB -DVAR_CYCLES -DCPU_SHUTDOWN -DSPC700_SHUTDOWN -fpermissive -Wno-write-strings -DSPC700_C -DUNZIP_SUPPORT -DNO_INLINE_SET_GET unzip/unreduce.c -o unzip/unreduce.o
    cc1: warning: command line option ‘-fpermissive’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C [enabled by default]
    gcc -I/usr/include -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -c -D_ZAURUS -O3 -march=armv6 -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/SDL -I. -Iunzip -Isdl -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/glib-2.0/include -D__linux -DZLIB -DVAR_CYCLES -DCPU_SHUTDOWN -DSPC700_SHUTDOWN -fpermissive -Wno-write-strings -DSPC700_C -DUNZIP_SUPPORT -DNO_INLINE_SET_GET unzip/unshrink.c -o unzip/unshrink.o
    cc1: warning: command line option ‘-fpermissive’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C [enabled by default]
    gcc -I/usr/include -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -o snes9x cpuops.o cpuexec.o cpu.o tile.o gfx.o clip.o memmap.o ppu.o dma.o unix/unix.o spc700.o soundux.o apu.o unix/graphics.o dsp1.o snes9x.o snapshot.o data.o globals.o unix/gles2.o loadzip.o unzip/unzip.o unzip/explode.o unzip/unreduce.o unzip/unshrink.o -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -L/opt/vc/lib -lbcm_host -lGLESv2 -lEGL -lglib-2.0 -lSDL -lstdc++ -lz -lpthread
    /usr/bin/ld: unix/unix.o: référence au symbole non défini «clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.4»
    //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Makefile:107: recipe for target 'snes9x' failed
    make: *** [snes9x] Error 1

Thank you
  • add -lrt to

LDLIBS = -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -L/opt/vc/lib -lbcm_host -lGLESv2 -lEGL -lglib-2.0 -lrt

in the Makefile
  • I am getting this error when trying "Makefile"

line 10: ifdef: command not found
    line 11: spctool/dsp.o: No such file or directory
    line 13: syntax error near unexpected token `else'
    line 13: `else'

Can someone just provide me with the snes9x file? That would be amazing.

Thank you
  • I´ve got the same error message as jaK59, adding -lrt like ian57 said doenst work for me, any solutions guys?
  • The file is already built in my repo. Just do the following:
  • I'm running piplay .8 beta 9 and copied the files over as described and reran the controller config and still can't get 2 players to function on my tankstick. Is there something I may have missed? Thanks for the help!
  • I may be mistaken, but I believe that tankstick needs a modified kernel to work properly. can anyone confirm this?
  • That would explain a lot .. All inputs function during controller setups however.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!