USB Audio Card w/ PiMAME. Bad!
  • All of my issue with not being able to get roms to load comes down to a USB audio card. I but I have 50 hours into trying to figure out why I was having so many issue with PiMAME. Driving me nuts!

It came down to setting up a USB audio card. When the card is enabled PiMAME, or the emulators, have lots of issues.

I can give more details on this later but is anyone using a USB audio card with their PiMAME setup? I'd love to know how you sent this up.

With the USB audio disabled I can play everything I throw at PiMAME. With the USB Audio enabled I can't plan anything. Not sure what this is about but I really need to get sound working.

Is anyone having success with audio and PiMAME. Tell me about your setup.

Thanks!

Ed
  • I have used a USB sound card without issue on PiMAME.
    In the early days I was getting some cracking on the audio from onboard sound using the 3.5mm audio jack. I was using the USB soundcard for a little while before I resolved the onboard sound issues.
    I have recorded in the FAQ that the only thing I had to do was edit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and comment out the line:
    options snd-usb-audio index=-2

This was with quite an early version of PiMAME, probably 0.6 beta5 if memory serves.

What issues have you with the onboard sound?
  • When I enable USB audio nothing loads for mam4all or FBA in PiMAME. If I disable the usb audio all works fine. I hope to do more testing tonight.
  • hay,
    got the same problem...
    ...already a solution?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!