Overscan issue (not with HDMI)
  • Hi,

Still new to this, building a small mame cabinet. Using a small 10" LCD TV that has no HDMI so using the video out from the PI

I'm having an issue with MAME4ALL and Stella.

Stella I cant seem to make the games bigger than a small box in the middle of the screen, the rom select window is full screen.

The issue I have with mamae4all is it seems to be cutting off the top and the bottom of the screen, not left to right, so I cant see things like the scores at the top of the screen.

I have played with the overscan on/off and this does not help.

Just to test I tried the pi on another bigger screen TV and the same happens.

What over settings can I get access to for the video out
  • It seems to be mame4all over rides the overscan setting when using the video out.

I have changed the config file to various screen res and overscan settings and the mame4all keeps the same position every time.

How can I edit the settings in mame4all?
  • I'm having the same issues, trying settings in the /boot/config.txt also tried a few video settings in the /mam4all/mame.cfg file and not having any luck. Left to right seems okay, but top and bottom are being cut off. only been able to test with msword rom so far though.
  • so I think I found the solution to this little issue and thought I'd share incase this helps you raymate. in the mame4all directory I edited the mame.cfg file and change the display_border from 0 to 24.
  • Cool, let me try that tanks zemus
  • zemus that worked… nice one :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!