mame4all - every ROM is missing files
  • So I am using a bunch of 037b5 ROMs as several members of this forum have suggested, but every single one says its missing files, without exception. Advance MAME is way too slow and distorted with most titles. So I was really hoping to be able to get mame4all working.

Any suggestions? Why is every ROM broken?
  • Ok, never mind, I got this fixed. I was using scp to push the ROMs over to the Pi. Uploading them through the web GUI appears to have fixed the problem. I was confused because there are different 'roms' directories:

/home/pi/pimame/roms
    and also
    /home/pi/pimame/emulators/mame4all/roms

Now most games work much more smoothly!
  • I'm having the same issue with the latest version. None of my roms work for mame4all. I transferred them via Filezilla. Are you saying I have to use the GUI to transfer them? Seems like a bug.
    Which folder did you put them in? Or did you create a symbolic link? Thanks.
  • I have the smae problem, any fixes?
  • I copied them directly from the mameset to me card and have the same problem.. What I'm I doing wrong?
  • I think that you need to set a symbolic link that points to your roms. In command line type:
    cd /home/pi/pimame/emulators/mame4all-pi/
    rm - r ./roms
    ln -s /home/pi/pimame/roms/mame4all/ roms
  • Ok that fixed the roms missing problem.. Thank you!!! Now the only problem i have is just like fba the screen is shifted to the left and off to the bottom.. Hopefully i can manuay adjust in the mame4all cfg otherwise ive wasted a ton of time for nothing.. It seems the emus are defaulting a screensize and not reading the settings from pis config.txt
  • HAHAHAHAHAH I FIGURED IT OUT!! The problem was with the monitor itself!! The monitor was set to 16:9 widescreen.. Soon as i set the monitor to auto the emulators auto centered and corrected!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!