Xin-Mo Dual Controller not working
  • OH, you live in France and are on holiday today? Yeah I have never been overseas or anywhere in the east, that hopefully is the next destination, but I have traveled extensively in the west to several countries. I hope you're enjoying your holiday! :)
  • Ok, nice...even a religious holiday is a nice holiday, when you're not working! ;)
  • you're right ;)
  • Hi, this is an awsome tutorial, finally noobs as me can finally almost use the xin mo... almost :)

I'm stuck on step 6, I cannot copy the new kernel to the right place.
    Actually my xin mo is already assuming the orders (only player 1) although the directionals are not working properly, it's like if I was using turbo in a directional, for example, every time I press left is like if I was pressing left extremely quick several times.
    Any suggestion?

please note that I'm really a noob trying to make an arcade, I do several things from tutorials but I actually dont understand what I'm doing... I'm just following steps...

Thanks guys, and regards
  • I am about to order the Xin MO and wanted to confirm that it does indeed work with PiPlay if you follow the steps in this thread? Thank you!
  • I have exactly same problem as jcrmir. Buttons seems to work ok, but the stick events seem to fire multiple times or too fast. This happens in menu, but in emulators also (tested c64, mame4all, pifba).
    I haven't had any hardware changes since last spring in my arcade cabinet, and this controller problem was introduced few weeks ago when I updated piplay to more recent version (can't remember what was the version I upgraded from). As a last resort I made a clean install of piplay 0.8 b8 yesterday, and the problem persists.
    This is quite annoying problem, because it makes my machine unusable at the moment... Probably I'll revert to some ancient version of piplay.
  • @jarirk - after some searching. It looks like it's actually the updated kernel, not piplay that is the problem. I let Shea know. We'll figure something out.
  • I fixed the problem for the next release of raspicade. I used the small patch given in http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/autofire-on-the-axis/#post-87758. As in this post, i can give my kernel, it's very easy to install... -> uncompress the tar.gz and run sudo ./install.sh
  • Glad to hear that this is somehow fixable. And yes, this is by no means a piplay fault (at first I suspected my XinMo for hw fault). The question that remains is that will the official kernel be fixed someday or is this autofire problem just a new "feature"... In the meantime I might try that patched custom kernel.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!