Is it possible to use a xbox 360 controller (usb wired) in the PiMAME Menu
  • Hello,

I installed PiMAME 0.6 beta 5 and it succesfully boots to the PiMAME Menu. Using ssh I also expanded the file system and I installed the xboxdrv using the command 'sudo apt-get install xboxdrv'.

But when I connect an xbox 360 controller to the USB port it does not work. I don't have an usb keyboard so is it possible for me to configure the xbox 360 controller through ssh?
  • I was able to get the xbox 360 controller to sort of work in the testing game (but the analoge stick did not work very good to let the character move). I used the sudo xboxdrv command.

But now im not able to get it working again. I dont really know how this works and just trying stuff out but im getting nowhere. I hope someone could give some detailed instructions on how to set this up!
  • I'm having the same problem whith my controller.
    The ring just keeps flashing and nothing happens.

I've downloaded the joystick software (sudo apt-get install joystick) and run the calibration and testsoftware but still i whon't work ;-(

jscal /dev/input/js0
    jstest /dev/input/js0
  • I don't recommend testing with Gridlee. With the tankstick it uses the trackball instead. Find a different game and see if it works then.
  • Okay I've figured it out. Was not that hard as I aspected, problem is when your not familiar with raspberry and linux its hard to find the info you need. To get my controller to work i did the following:

1. open advmenu.rc (sudo nano .advance/advmenu.rc ) and change device_joystick from none to auto.

2. Install xboxdrv (sudo apt-get install xboxdrv)

3. add xboxdrv to boot sequence. Open rc.local (sudo nano /etc/rc.local) and add the following lines just under the line sayin '# By default this script does nothing.' :

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --id 1 --led 3 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

(when you use wireless xbox 360 controllers, change --id to --wid)

Now the controller gets recognized and works in advancemenu. In game hit tap and remap the controls.

• Now I just need to find how to get the controller to work in the menu of PiMame. Tried to edit the controls in, but that did not work. Tips are welcome!

• Hi,

Did you manage to make your controller work in pimame?
    'cause i have the same config so i will be interested by your result :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!