Is it possible to use a xbox 360 controller (usb wired) in the PiMAME Menu
  • Hello,

I installed PiMAME 0.6 beta 5 and it succesfully boots to the PiMAME Menu. Using ssh I also expanded the file system and I installed the xboxdrv using the command 'sudo apt-get install xboxdrv'.

But when I connect an xbox 360 controller to the USB port it does not work. I don't have an usb keyboard so is it possible for me to configure the xbox 360 controller through ssh?
  • I was able to get the xbox 360 controller to sort of work in the testing game (but the analoge stick did not work very good to let the character move). I used the sudo xboxdrv command.

But now im not able to get it working again. I dont really know how this works and just trying stuff out but im getting nowhere. I hope someone could give some detailed instructions on how to set this up!
  • I'm having the same problem whith my controller.
    The ring just keeps flashing and nothing happens.

I've downloaded the joystick software (sudo apt-get install joystick) and run the calibration and testsoftware but still i whon't work ;-(

jscal /dev/input/js0
    jstest /dev/input/js0
  • I don't recommend testing with Gridlee. With the tankstick it uses the trackball instead. Find a different game and see if it works then.
  • Okay I've figured it out. Was not that hard as I aspected, problem is when your not familiar with raspberry and linux its hard to find the info you need. To get my controller to work i did the following:

1. open advmenu.rc (sudo nano .advance/advmenu.rc ) and change device_joystick from none to auto.

2. Install xboxdrv (sudo apt-get install xboxdrv)

3. add xboxdrv to boot sequence. Open rc.local (sudo nano /etc/rc.local) and add the following lines just under the line sayin '# By default this script does nothing.' :

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --id 1 --led 3 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

(when you use wireless xbox 360 controllers, change --id to --wid)

Now the controller gets recognized and works in advancemenu. In game hit tap and remap the controls.

• Now I just need to find how to get the controller to work in the menu of PiMame. Tried to edit the controls in menu.py, but that did not work. Tips are welcome!

• Hi,

Did you manage to make your controller work in pimame?
    'cause i have the same config so i will be interested by your result :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!