[SOLVED]Neo Geo games not launching
  • Hi,

I am new to the world of retro gaming. I installed the piplay-0.8-beta8.img version on a SD Card. Then I updated Piplay trough the graphic interface. I copied some games into the Neo geo roms folder. When I try to launch them, I get first a yellow progress bar and then a full black screen. Nothing happens. I have to reboot the Piplay.
    What should I do to get the games running?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • What model Pi are you using?
  • @kaptainchok - you need to make sure that you have the neogeo bios in your roms folder.
  • @SSilver2k2 : I use the last Pi2 model running with a 16GB SD card

@mholgatem : I will check that tonight
  • It seems my pimame/roms/neogeo folder contains only the roms files I uploaded. I cas of I also checked the pimame/emulators folder. Here is what I found:
    cavestory_rpi-master
    dgen-sdl-1.32
    fba
    fceux
    gpsp
    mame4all-pi
    mednafen
    pcsx_rearmed
    pisnes
    scummvm
    usp_0.0.43
    I am not sure which one is supposed to be the neogeo emulator...
  • nope, not neogeo emulator. it's the neogeo bios. It's like a parent file for the roms. You treat it just like any of your other roms (dl it, put it in your roms folder, then run the roms that you want). The roms will automatically pull the parts that they need from your neogeo.zip bios file.
  • Ok, I found a neogeo.zip bios and put in the roms folder and it's working. Thanks !!

I had the same problem with the GBA emulator. I had to upload the gba_bios.bin into the roms folder. Will I have to do this for all the emulators? Concerning the GBA, some games run and some others don't. I tested 3 different games: one runs perfectly well, the second launch the menu of the game and that's all, the last one displays a white screen. Is there a way to figure out if a rom will work apart from testing the rom one by one?
  • only GBA and NEOGEO require their own BIOS. Some PSX games may require a BIOS file but the emulated one works for a majority of games.
  • Ok. So I wasn't lucky trying these tow emulators first !!
    Thanks a lot for your help and for PiPlay :)
  • no problemo! Marking as solved.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!