USB Audio - audio works but crashes MAME4ALL
  • I have been trying to overcome an audio issue running in vertical mode. So I bought a USB Audio card to see if that would overcome my issue. I got the Audio card working, I was able to stream music over it and it sounds great. In PiPlay the tones work when you move around the menu. However, when I launched Frogger in MAME4ALL, it won't load and it crashes. Here is what it says on the screen:

alsact1: load_state:1647: Cannot open /home/pi/pimame/config/piplay-sound.state for reading: No such file or directory
    Found hardware: "USB-Audio" "USB Mixer" "USB0d8c:013c" "" ""
    Hardware is initialized using a generic method
    Found hardware: "bcm2835" "Broadcom Mixer" "" "" ""
    Hardware is initialized using a generic method
    cant load image: themes/default/
    have a nice day:)
    Frogger (frogger) . . .
    ALSA lib pcm.c:7431:(snd_pcm_set_params) Rate doesn't match (requested 44100Hz, get 0Hz)
    Segmentation fault

After that relaunched MAME4All and I am back at the game selection screen.

If I go back and uncomment out #options snd-usb-audio index=-2 all works fine, but no audio

Any suggestions?
  • Did you also tried advancemame?
    With advancemame there are more settings for audio. Maybe you can find you answer here; http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-advdev.html#5.1
  • No, I haven't tried with advancemame. I am only running the older arcade games and wanted to stick with MAME4All since it runs speedier.
  • Marked as solved ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!