AdvMAME games that I can't get running
  • I have four games that I can't seem to get to work with PiPlay/AdvMAME...so far I am sure there will be more. Like space invaders is running because I can hit escape, down arrow and exit but the screen is blank when it starts. I am not sure what I am need to do get it going. I was wondering if anyone has some tips, advice or tweaks to get them to run?

I am using Raspberry Pi B overclocked through the raspi-config to 1GHz. I have some pretty tall copper heatsinks and run it open faced. I had it in a PiBow but the heatsinks are about 1MM or so to tall to fit in the case anyway. It runs at a respectable 57 to 58C even when it's completely pegged.

1) Space Invaders (invaders.zip)
    2) Star Castle (starcas.zip)
    3) Battle Zone (bzone.zip)
    4) Circus (circus.zip)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a BIG THANKS to Shea...what a killer piece of software, I absolutely love being able to play some of the old golden age arcade games again!
  • it's probably not anything to do with your pi being overclocked or the heat or anything like that if you are able to get other roms to run. It's most likely those particular roms. I know that space invaders can be a particularly tricky game to match up the right rom version to the right emulator.
  • Hey thanks for the feedback. Yeah the overclock comment is misleading. I was just impressed that it overclocked so well with some decent heatsinks.

I am actually using the 0.106 ROM set. I used ClrMamePro to verify the DAT's. My sets are Non-Merged with the BIOS files in each set. That way I can add specific versions of games. I prefer that over adding the parent ROMs and BIOS sets if you're doing split sets.

I am really comfortable using ClrMamePro and about 99.9% (always a chance) sure it's not the ROM files issue. I listed the exact set that way if anyone is experiencing the same issues. AdvMAME will crash immediately if you're missing ROM files from a set.

I know I read somewhere people having issues with Space Invaders (I saw the issue several times but never found a resolution) but Space Invaders Deluxe (invaddlx.zip) working just fine.

Being a bit of a purist I was hoping to get just good ol' Space Invaders working. I was thinking more along the line of some type of setting vs. it being a ROM set issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!