[SOLVED] Ip address again
  • I've been looking and I am have the dammdest time trying to find my ip address of my pi. I am trying to hook it to my laptop running windows 7 with a crossover cable. On pi I typed "ifconfig" and that screen shows up, but there is no line for my ip address,bcast,or mask. I have watched a youtube video and everything looks the same as his screen but no ip address between the first line which starts" link encap...... Then the next line starts Up broadcast.....

What am I missing?
  • thank you, I will give this a shot
  • Well Now I have an ip address but i still can't connect to it. Must walk away for a bit before I put it through the wall. Been at it for a few hours now, and I have almost no experience with networking
  • I will be starting fresh again later. I will format and reload the image of PiPlay 8.0.3 on my sdcard and insert into pie. I will be connecting my laptop to the pi via cable. Is there anything I need to do or change on my laptop? I will be using Cyberduck to connect the two .
  • Thank you, I will give it a shot today.
  • One question though, even without hooking up the cable, shouldn't I see the ip address when I type in "ifconfig" I see all the other data except that. If this still doesnt work Im gonna put what i am doing on you tube so you guys can see what i'm talkin about. I should be workin on this within the next hour or so.
  • i edited the network settings like you said and finally success. thank you very much

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!