PiPlay 0.8.0 Beta 3 now available
  • Hey All,

PiPlay 0.8.0 Beta 3 is now available!

This release includes:

Recompiled kernel with Xin-Mo encoder support.
    Better GBA support.
    Better Neo Geo support.
    Fixed issues with Genesis and Final Burn Alpha emulators not running.
    Genesis emulator can now use Zip files.
    Updated PiPlay to have a better updater system.
    2 player keyboard support in SNES emulator.

You can get it at http://blog.sheasilverman.com/pimame-raspberry-pi-os-download/
  • Thanks Shea,
    Will rewire my xin-mo back to original this arvo and check if the patch works ;-)
  • Thanks Shea.

Will running the update bring it up to B3 is it better to download from your link and start again?
  • Hey Shea,
    I can get the image to boot but after the PiPlay image finishes the screen goes black.... any ideas?
  • @hinchhinch maybe u need to make a new SD.
  • Will try that when I scrape out of bed... Thanks ;-)
  • Hyperion: Runnign the update will get you the new config, but not the Xin-mo update. That requires the new SD card image.
  • Hello,
    Went from .07 to .08 Beta 3.
    Imaged the SD card. Copied a few MAME roms over via the web interface. Half the emulators are greyed out. Opened MameForAll, selected ROM. Got the following message:
    $ ATION: Device not found

• Was running 0.7.x, advmame was working, now it just gives me file not found errors when trying to run any game - ideas?
  • I'm very interested in this release because I think the Xim-mo fix will potentially fix my GP-Wiz40 issues for axes.
  • Sensational Shea.... Xin-mo now works in PiMame menu and I have both joysticks mapped in mame... I did have a couple of pins that didn't work so I rewired them to others. I will post which pins I used tomorrow, I went to reimage my SD card and fried it so I will get a new one tomoz... Again thanks for the efforts Shea, I am now keyboardless... ;-) ;-) ;-)
  • Thank you Shea for the new release.

Xim-mo is working now in piplay, no problem with the axis. But when I try to map some buttons to Coin and Start (advmame) doesn't work yet ... 17 buttons used.

All the buttons are recognized with jstest. Only one joystick is recognized with 4 axix and a lot of buttons.

Great job.
  • i experience the same thing. two buttons won't be recognized by advmame even thou jstest say's they're working (so does mame4all).

EDIT:
    I looked in two the files advmame.rc & advmess.rc and realized they had been changed after the update. Changed one line to device_joystick raw all buttons are recognized.
  • I notice that but even with device_joystick raw the button is map to the new name but not recognized...
  • i think pins are working the thing is how to config them on emulators like mame4all, snes and fba.
  • Maybe Shea or Connor (hint, hint) can give a brief tutorial on each emulator and how to configure them and map joysticks. If you could guys I would appreciate kit too ;-)
  • @hinchhinch
    Alright :D I'm just downloading Beta 3 right now, I haven't really used the other emulators apart from advmame, dgen and vice though so it may take a while.
    At least I'm getting good download speeds this time (650kbps) compared to when I downloaded 0.7.10 last month (50kbps) :-\

Thanks for the suggestion :D
  • Thanks Connor, I have only used AdvMame as well because it is easy and havent had time to suss others out.
  • Exactly my reason ;)
  • I just flashed it to my SD, so far really awesome! One suggestion though, on the second page of the menu, PiPlay still reads PiMAME for the update script.
  • so i think ill go to AdvMAME too. What's the ROM set u guys using? Ive got MAME 1.06 hope it works..
  • Umm... I kind of just downloaded heaps of ROMs and hoped they would work :-\
    I have about 200~ workingg ROMs at the moment, had more but the menu was a bit sluggish.
    I think 1.06 is good, for advmame anyway.

Tell me how it goes!
  • 1.06 are no ok i think.
    ive tried with my mame 0.375b and its ok but neogeo roms are not working.
    ive tried 2 neogeo.zip files.

is there anything i can do?
    i do remember i had to change my mame.cfg on mame4all.
    is there something similar to run neogeo roms on advmame?
  • i dont even know wheres my advmame folder. never used this before ;p
  • can u play marvel vs campcom with 2 joysticks on advmame? it seem its not recognizing some of my p2 inputs.
  • /home/pi/.advance
  • Marvel vs Capcom doesn't run well with advmame. It runs great on Final Burn Alpha.
  • what about street fighter 2.. pretty laggy in AdvMame... is it better on a different platform?
  • mame4all runs SF2 really well.
  • i know it runs great on fba but i cant figure how to config to play with 2 joysticks.
    im using a xin mo adapter and this is my code:
    -------
    [Joystick]
    # Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
    # from package "joystick"
    A_1=0
    B_1=1
    X_1=2
    Y_1=3
    L_1=4
    R_1=5
    START_1=6
    SELECT_1=7
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR=0
    JA_UD=1
    #player 2 button configuration
    A_2=10
    B_2=11
    X_2=12
    Y_2=13
    L_2=14
    R_2=15
    START_2=16
    SELECT_2=17
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR_2=2
    JA_UD_2=3
    -------

i took all inputs from jstest and i can use them om mame4all.
  • @hinchhinch if you can play on FBA go with it. otherwise i recommend mame4all.
  • @mholgatem thanks for this info. thats funny my filezilla doest not see it but when I type it works, muhauha.
  • @lsalcedo
    Its a hidden directory. Type
    dir -a
    to see it :)
  • yeah, any folder/file in the unix operating system that starts with a '.' means that it is a hidden file.
  • If you right click on the folder view in filezilla, there should be an option to display hidden files.
  • alright guys, thanks a lot :)
  • my conclusion about xin mo and fba is: theres a bug on it(fba) and its not going to work.
    maybe because xin just uses j1 buttons or something...

i need something new. which works nice on FBA. what would be that? any ideias?
  • I use mostly PiFBA with PiMame/PiPlay and with a Keywiz 40ST from : http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_80&products_id=303
    It's a Keyboard encoder, not a gamepad (like the Xin-Mo) encoder.
    Really easy to use and install like the IPac2 I suppose.
    Maybe the KADE (http://kadevice.com/ )could be option too, i saw some moderator of rasperrypi.org forum with one in his cab.
  • I have trouble with the xboxdrv in piplay 0.8beta3
    "Error couldn't claim the USB interface: LIBUSB_ERROR_BUSY"

So try this solution =>http://ledgerlabs.us/raspberrypi/xboxdrv-using-xbox-controllers/
    But no luck it seem's it's not this you use on boot :-\
    Could someone tell me where i can add those lines?

EDIT : Trought /etc/rc.local it's now working BUT :D your script still run last so my change are somehow useless (player 1 led is now ok, before all led was blinking...)
    so if someone knos where i can edit the xboxdrv script on boot it will be great!
  • idk thak ;/
    its hard to find a seller to deliver keywiz st40 to brazil. so im thinking about ipac2.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!