ANNOUNCEMENT: PiMAME is now PiPLAY (why inside)
  • Hey All,

As you can probably see, PiMAME has been re-branded as PiPLAY. I wanted to let everyone know why and what this effects.

What this effects? Nothing. PiPLAY is the same code base and same distro it always has been, it just has a new name.

Why? Two reasons. I've wanted to change the name for a while, since PiMAME outgrew just being MAME a long time ago. When I started the PiMAME kickstarter, I received a very nice letter from the MAMEDev team informing me that I might be breaking trademark(s) or licenses because I am charging for the software (the pre-loaded sd card)

I have nothing but respect for the MAMEDev team, and this was the motivation I needed to change the name. After I changed the name I received a followup from them thanking me for the change, and congratulating me on my kickstarter.

The MAMEDev team is happy, I'm happy, and the project stays awesome.

Now back to coding :D

-Shea
  • Good to hear Shea. You'll have to get some PiPLAY stickers now ;-)
  • So, I own piplay.org, and I'm going to be keep both running and pointing to the same content.

At some point the repos will change, but not for a while and I will give ample notice.
  • Shea, something has attracted the spam bots. Either your kickstarter campaign or registering the new domain most likely. Can we implement a captcha for new posts?
  • Piplay(dot)org doesn't appear to work. Just goes to the godaddy placeholder.
  • piplay(dot)org seems to work fine for me, just redirects to pimame(dot)org..
  • Now it works! Guess he must have updated it since
  • yeah, it depends on what part of the world you are accessing from as well. It takes a while for the changes to propagate through to all of the top level DNS's. But it seems like it forwards nicely now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!