Issues with enconder - Please Help
  • Hello community, I need help with this enconder that I bought in this kit:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171068996535&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

None inputs from Player2 are functioning and Player1's UP and LEFT are not ok either. All p1 buttons are 100%.

I double checked all wiring with help from a eletric engineer and everything is correct. Also, every input is receiving 5 volts. We are wondering if this enconder is broken or if its not compatible with PiMAME. What do you guys think? Does anyone have this enconder? Any similar projects?

My Bartop is 100% and this is my last quest. I would appreciate any help!
    Thanks,
  • It's a Xin Mo. A lot of people are having problems with it. There's a kernel update that you can apply. I'm going to include it in the next release.
  • Thanks for your answer Shea. I will look after this update and post my thoughts here.
  • in fact after the patch i could run evtest and confirm that all inputs were OK. but, after a few reboots or one shutdown my pi wouldnt start anymore. its soo instable.
  • You can download the new release that has Xin-Mo release built in. Please tell me if it works.
  • Thanks Shea, I m dowloading and then ill give you feedback. Happy easter
  • I just tested the new release.

I could play a little bit on mame4all and could not set player2 inputs on its interface. When I pressed player2's inputs mame4all didnt recognize it.
    Ive tested all(p1 & p2) my inputs with these commands and everything were fine;

-----------------------
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install evtest
    evtest
    -----------------------

Ill work more and try to come with new information.
    Thanks
  • only buttons 7 and 8 which i would set for p2 coin and start are not being recognized on mame4all.
  • My xin-mo works mostly with the exception of P2 buttons 3, 4 and 5
    Really weird, and button six works but is detected as J-Dead
    I'll have to play with the wiring for mine...
  • did you do a jstest?
  • Yeah, I think its my wiring or maybe my buttons broken. No output. Thanks though.
  • since xin mo doesnt work on FBA. what would be a nice enconder to change for?
  • PiFba is open source. Its written in c++ I think. Someone could edit the code to work with xin-mo.
    Unfortunately I don't know c++ well, but I'm sure someone could do it.
    Just an idea :D
  • i feel you but idk either and i just dont want to depend on someone else.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!