FBA not actually launching games...
  • I have only tried a few ROMs. They show up as yellow or orange on the list and they appear to attempt to launch. I get the loading screen with the yellow progress bar and then it just reverts back to the games list. I have tried Neo Geo and CPS2 ROMs. I also don't know how to get GNGeo to work.
    Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.
  • Maybe your roms are not the right ones.
    Do you have neogeo.zip in roms folder?
  • Thank you for your response.
    I do not have neogeo.zip in the roms folder. This might be why I have trouble with some games in mame4all as well because the games that don't work tell me something about neogeo somethingorother missing. Sorry, not at home right now to bring up exact terminology. Are you able to help me with where to get the neogeo.zip file? Will placing this file in the roms folder allow me to use GNGeo, FBA and mame4all Neo Geo roms? I am definitely a noob at this kind of thing but have gotten surprisingly far without having to ask any questions. I really appreciate any help I receive.
    Also, I do not see a directory in which to place GNGeo roms. Do I need to create one? I can access the main screen inside GNGeo and it has a "load game" option but I don't know where to place the roms.
    Thanks!
  • Whats your email? Ill send you stuff...
  • Thank you so much. dustinaldrich@hotmail.com
  • OK. Ill send to you later since im at work now.
  • ThWind81
    forget gngeo PiFBA runs neogeo almost perfec! (even in stock 700mhz RPI 256K revB.)
    GNGeo ned a lot of work to get it run perfect just is more interesting use FBA as it runs much more than GNGEO as CPS1 CPS2 AND NEO GEO! I fix it and mame4all, and I in contact with SSilver2k2 and I already tell him all I do to get it working and I belive, in some moment by now it will be fixed, just now almost all emulatos is working as:
    DGEN (megadrive/genesis), SNES, Atari 2600, GBA, mame4all, FBA, these I personally tested and is working!(some tips may be needed) but works. tips in next post :)
  • the TIPS:
    Atari 2600, just put roms in .zip format or unzipped "better" in:/home/pi/pimame/roms/2600 start emulator go option (tab key change the cursor)
    point rom path to /home/pi/pimame/roms/2600. DONE!
    DGEN: just put rom "UNZIPED" in /home/pi/pimame/roms/genesis. DONE!
    GBA: (tip from lsalcedo) put gba_bios.bin (google it 1ºlink) in /home/pi/pimame/emulators/gpsp/. DONE!
    and NOW for MAME4ALL and FBA just wait for Shea Silverman update script or new version.
    SOME ASSEMBLE REQUIRED!or wait another lazy solution for a while, if shea permit I can release the files just to copy and replace in your sd card to these work. little pacience!
    Im talking with him about fixing it.
    latest TIP but not least! be a SMART noob READ the forums (some of your questions already as resolved, just dig inside! and heave fun! This is all about FUN and LEARN!)
    thanks!
    NOT ASK FOR ROMS! (google it)
  • gba´s roms should be at /home/pi/pimame/emulators/gpsp/ too

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!