A LOT of SD card corruption and Kernel panics! others?
  • My config is :
    raspi 256K model B, running stock, no overclock, PSU is an original Sansung 5V, 1Amp (CELL CHARGER Galaxy S2), my SD card is an sandisk 32Gb class 4, DELL USB keyboard (model SK8115), PI MAME 0.8.0(BETA OR BETA 2) BUG WAS THE SAME! usually after write to the card, "BAM", "CRASH", "TOTAL STUCK" , Kernel panic, and all is lost, msg on screen last 3 lines of text is like :

PANIC: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,2)
    Entering kbd (current 0xc6840000, pid 1) due to Keyboard entry
    kbd> _

this was thw same lines at end every time, anyone have a clue? maybe a bug? lack of anything?
    Iknow Im not the only one suffering with this so something is wrong...(mometimes this corrupt after running update script)
  • I have had this error quite a few times on 0.8
    0.7.10 was very stable.

Once you have a working image with roms copied, wifi setup, and keys setup for the emulators then back up a card image with Win PC. I use the recommend program for writing sd card images as it also will read them to a .img file. It is called something like WinImage32. I will check actual name later.
  • Win32DiskImager :)
  • Thnaks I turn back overclock from 900Mhz back to stock700Mhz it now go much better, and after many changes BKP! thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!