[Build] WeeCade Clone called "Dee-Cade"
  • Hi,

I almost got my WeeCade clone project finished. Just need to implement a good amplifier. Setup as follows:
    - Since i'm from the netherlands, I created a Dutch cab. That explains the orange, and the red/white/blue(flag).
    - I created the marquee artwork myself. As well as the CP artwork. Im not happy with the CP artwork though...
    - White T-Mold
    - iPac2
    - Ledlight behind marquee
    - IL Competition joystick
    - Concave classic pushbuttons (28mm)
    - Convex mini pushbuttons (24mm)
    - A 19" monitor
    - And of course... a Raspberry Pi. Im currently running mame4all and i got about 2300 running games!
    I'm finishing up on the mamegames, soon going to sort out games for Gameboy advance/Gameboy/NES and SNES.

Picture of my setup: http://www.qbasiq.com/myfiles/1464603_757927937565856_2079783557_n.jpg

Any questions? Happy to answer them.

greetz,
    Joost van Poppel
  • Great looking artwork. That is the thing I had difficulty doing on mine. I have a lack of skill and a place to print off a quality sticker!

Are you using 0.7 or 0.8 Pimame?

I started to look at moving my setup over to 0.8 yesterday but I am having difficulties. I am using GPIO for all my buttons rather than USB interface.
    MAME4ALL on 0.8 has a plain list of games not in alphabetical order. On 0.7 there was a nice menu that you could jump through the ROMS quickly (handy when you have loads!).

Some of the emulators dump me back to command line, and I don't have a keyboard to get back to menu, so there is a lot or rebooting.

I love the new emulator selection screen from 0.8 hopefully I will get it working.
  • That's awesome, well done!
  • I made the artwork myself, with actually no design skills at all. Was pretty easy. I just used inkscape and looked for some tutorials.
  • Very impressive ;)
  • Very smooth. I dig it :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!