Fix Xin-Mo (2 players)
  • Hello,
    I have 2 joysticks (1 Player and other with 2 players -with the same interface-). Both of them are having XIn-mo driver to work. When I used 1 player Joystick the interface work fine. But, when I´m using the interface with 2 player have a problem with the up and left directions.
    To fix this problem you must patch Xin-Mo driver . You can find a spectacular explain here http://ithink.ch/blog/2013/09/08/patching_the_linux_kernel_to_install_the_xin-mo_dual_arcade_driver_on_a_raspberry_pi.html
  • I think that patch is now built in to PiMAME, but thanks anyway :)
  • Hi Conno123009
    I dont know (Perhaps the pach is not implemented yet.). But really I have the same problem with Xin-mo (not up, not left). I'm trying solve it it step by step... if it work I tell you here ;-) it is a lot of time compiling.
  • MRPuckmon, in 7.10, I didn't use the patch, it wouldn't work for me, so I just wired the problem axis to spare buttons on the xin-mo until I found a pin that worked.. I have had both joysticks working fine for the last few weeks.
    The 0.8 however isn't working now for me on two axis, this is possible for the patch inclusion... I will rewire it today
  • hello hinchhinch.
    0.8 is working fine now with Xin-Mo -to control the pimame menu-. The patch fix the problem with my Xin Mo Joystick.
  • was the patch included in 0.8 of did you install it as well MRPuckmon?
  • I installed the patch from URL mentioned in the first comment. (The process is sooooo long).
  • I've had to do it 3 times... Its boring really
  • 8 hours more or less (more) :-O ... But when you see than your joystick are working is great!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!