[SOLVED]Sound issue :-(
  • So I got myself about 2300roms for Mame4All, games are working perfect in my arcade cabinet.
    I connected the RaspberryPi to my monitor using a HDMI-to-VGA converter (RPi branded) and I connected a USB Soundcard. Unfortunately I can't get this soundcard to work. So I decided to attach a headset to the audiojack to check the sound, and also through the jack, im not hearing any sound. When connecting the RPi to my TV, i hear sound on some games.

Got myself a sound problem which I can't seem to solve. I want to continue on working on the earjack output from the RPi. Can anyone tell me how I can adjust volume to 100%? Do I have to set it with commandline? Or do i have to buy a volume control for my cabinet?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Joost
  • Hey,
    for my bartop arcade i forced the audio through the onboard audio
    use this code in the command line to get the audio running to the onboard audio jack.

sudo amixer cset numid=3 1

Hope that helps you.
  • You can use either fo0t's fix or this one. Either should work for you.

sudo raspi-config
    option 8 - advanced options
    option A6 - update

after update
    option 8 - advanced options
    option A6 - audio
    option 2 - Force audio jack

I like this way, simply because I tend to forget changes that I have made if I don't have something that I can visually refer to; but fo0t's way is easier.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!