Neo Geo X USB Controller HELP!
  • i am new to the world the Raspberry Pi, i just got mine two weeks ago and i thought of a perfect way i could put mine to really good use. i bought the NEO GEO X when it came out a year ago and as some of you may know its been a big disappointment. i thought that i would re-purpose the NEO GEO X base station into a Raspberry Pi NEO GEO (fba) station. i think it would work out pretty cool once i am done. i plan on making my Pi a dedicated FBA machine with the whole NEO GEO library on it as well as the CPS 1 & 2 games, all wrapped up in a nice NEO GEO AES like shell. i think it will look pretty nice an work much better than the actual NEO GEO X system.

the problem i am having is the joystick; i can't figure out how to configure it! i managed to get it working with Mame4all no problem; so it does work. but how do you go about configuring a generic stick? how did everyone program their retro snes usb controls? i figure setting up the controls for the snes controller and this one should be about the same. i did see a post saying that you have to go into the config file of fba to set it up, but i don't know how to go about assigning buttons when i don't know how to identify each button on my stick. any help would go a long way with me, once i get this figured out i will post a step by step how to in the forums.

thanks in advance!
  • i got it working, but i don't know how... its really kind of strange, but it's cool now that it works! on to my project!
  • Marked as solved :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!