Trying to Use Floppy Ribbon for GPIO
  • I am at the point in my build that I want to try to configure my buttons. I took apart an old floppy cable and removed the first handful of cables to get down to a 26 wire ribbon. I decided to take it an extra step and remove the wire for pins 1 through 4 so I didn't accidently use the powered pins. I also peeled back the cable for pins 8 &10 (14 &15). I then connected the ends to some 22 gage wire and then to the switches, with the ground daisy-chained. When I start the Pi it now runs to "[sda] Attached SCSI disk" and hangs. Any ideas any one?
  • I'm not sure, I used a bunch of jumper wires for my build and never ran into that error. If you disconnect the floppy cable do you still get the error on reboot? If not, then I would try disconnecting half of the wires and testing your boot up.

Also, do you have an external drive connected to your pi?
  • Thank you for the response. The issue was between the ears, I didn't have it wired correctly and I didn't have the software configured correctly. I took it apart and re-assembled it, and now it works. (Hate id10t errors)

Yes, I have my roms stored on a USB drive

• Glad you got it working!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!