advmame and mame4all not showing roms
  • i have installed and uninstalled pimame on raspbian using pimame_installer several times, both as superuser (sudo) and most recently as pi. advmame has consistently failed to show any roms in the /roms folder other than gridlee, and mame4all doesn't show any at all. dir_rom in ~/.advance/advmame.rc appears to be pointing to the right folders ("/home/pi/.advance/rom:/home/pi/roms"). i also notice an error message upon advmame startup regarding /home/pi/.advance/rom, but it always disappears quickly.

i suspect that the problem has something to do with file permissions, but im not sure how to fix it. the permissions for both the roms/ and emulators/ folders are "drwxr-xr-x", and the permissions for gridlee.zip and my other roms are identical, so i'm not sure why only gridlee works. "pi" is listed as the owner for all files and folders. i did notice that installing pimame without sudo has allowed me to use the rom uploader when i wasn't able to before.

im new to mame so maybe i've missed something obvious, but as far as i can tell ive followed all instructions i've found (http://thepihut.com/pages/how-to-install-game-roms-to-pimame), and i've skimmed through all the resolved threads.
  • think ive figured it out...it appears i was using roms that were either corrupted not supported by advancemame. i believe they're cps roms, as they show up fine in fba.

speaking of which, is it possible to pause in fba?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!