PiMame performance?
  • Hi all,

I have built myself a bartop arcade cabinet and am currently implementing PC-components in the cabinet.
    A while ago I ran into PIMame and learned it was able to emulate MAME/NES/SNES/Gameboy (my game systems of choice).
    Now I’m wondering: What is the performance of these emulators? Buggy/slow? Or just normal?
    Wondering about the experiences you guys have, before buying a Pi. Might be interesting to have a PI instead of all the large PC Components…

Thx,
    Joost
  • I have run a lot of different games on a lot of different emulators contained in pimame and I have to say that they all seem to run pretty darn good. The only one that I every seem to run into any bit of slowdown is the simpsons arcade game. When there are a lot of characters on the screen, it can get a bit dodgy, but not unplayable. I would recommend reading through some of the tutorials to get the RPi settings optimally set to run the games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!