How to install a custom boot splash intro? (pimameintro.mov)
  • I've gotten a RPi and PiMame for this Christmas and enjoyed it so much! Hope to make a 3/4 scale RPi mame cabinet someday. :D

Also, I have to mention that I'm fairly new to Linux OS or whatever it's called.

So... my problem is:

I've made a custom boot splash sequence for my PiMame and it's 5,262 KB and is only 16 seconds long. Also in .mov format.

I installed it via WinScp and renamed it to "pimameintro.mov" and replaced it with the original.
    Now it won't show up at all, I also tried replacing it back to the original, it won't work either.

So... help? :P
  • Nevermind. Delete this post.
  • did you get it working?

Awesome avatar btw
  • Thanks, and yeah.. I found out that I made a mistake of uploading my .mov video to my pi with 'SFTP' instead of 'FTP'.

It works now beautifully. :)
  • I managed to get a couple of Dave Dries cool arcade intro's working

http://www.cinemarcade.com/movies.html

working on a version of the Arcade '84 one with a Pimame logo Splash screen added to the start
  • This may seem like a stupid question but how do you actually replace the video? Can I do it on a card reader on my macbook or should I do it when it's booted up?
    Thanks for the help
  • @CuzSteve -
    Thanks. Those looks great.

@Adamrobots -
    I replaced my video with pi attached to Ethernet and I logged into my pi with FTP server and replaced the .mov video with another .mov video with WinScp FTP server software.

Worked for me.
  • you can either use the web frontend or an ftp. I'm not sure that the mac would be able to expand the file system in order for you to be able to copy it through a card reader.
  • @Adamrobots
    I use a Macbook Pro and just used filezilla to overwrite the original file over a wi-fi connection. Its easier to see if the file works as you want just by re-booting afterwards rather than shuffling the SD card around to copy files onto it.

Remember to take a copy of the original first tho' :)
  • Thanks for the support it's greatly appreciated

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!