Can't play any roms!
  • I got the Pi for Christmas and almost immediately put this on there. It was a pretty smooth experience, but after throwing some roms on there with the web interface, I can't seem to play any. Every time I enter an emulator with roms listed in it, it freezes. I can still use ctrl + alt + del to reboot, but nothing else. The built in Cavestory runs without issue, however. Is this a known problem, or am I just missing something?

Thanks, in advance!
  • That's really weird. I'm sorry you are having such issues! Does loading GNGeo or PCSX show anything on screen? MAME4All?

• Also, what kind of tv do you have it hooked up to?
  • Both of those load without issue. It just seems to be the emulators I've put roms in myself. The TV, also, is the Vizio E601i-A3 Smart TV. As a side note, if I wait for a while in the non-working emulators, the screen just turns into a solid gray block.

Thank you, in advance, for your help!
  • Correction- after testing further, it seems that any emulator with any roms immediately freezes, including those built in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!