MiniPac Not Accepting Address
  • I'm trying to finish a PiMAME cabinet build using a MiniPac keyboard encoder made by Ultimarc to hook up the joysticks and buttons. It is not working when plugged into the Pi directly or via a powered USB hub. If I am reading the post right as it scrolls by on boot, then it says "device not accepting address 9, error -32". Can anybody tell me what this is and how I might fix it?
  • For what it is worth I had no problem connection my iPac2 to my RPi. In my setup I have my iPac2 going to a USB hub and the USB going into the RPi.

Does the MiniPac has a light on it? My iPac2 has a light that lets me know it is connected.
  • There is a green light that shows its getting power at least, but the Pi is just not recognizing it or something.
  • Well, I just plugged the MiniPac into my laptop to test it, and it was not recognized. So, apparently the problem is with the MiniPac. Wonderful.
  • So, I'm an idiot. After calling a friend, we figured out that I had wired every single switch to normally open instead of normally closed. After fixing all of those, everything now works fine.
  • ugh, that stinks. I'm glad you figured it out. I did that once when I was building a PC. couldn't figure out why it would turn on for 5 seconds that shut off.

Good luck on the rest of the build!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!