Control Configuration
  • Hi, I am building a table top arcade cabinet for a christmas present and I am currently running into some issues with the controls. I have configured Adafruit's retrogame and am receiving input from all the buttons and joystick. Unfortunately every emulator has a somewhat different control layout on the keyboard and I cant seem to find configuration files for even one of the emulators! Starting with gearboy i tried to edit the .cpp file found some controls but when i get it to makefile it doesn't work. Any tips on changing the control config on the emulators?

Also forgot to say I am mainly looking to use mame4all, genesis, snes and nes I imagine the process for all of them is a little different just spent a few hours messing with gearboy with no success got errors when i tried to make the file with the controls i chose

edit again:

Just read that gearboy has the controls hard coded into src/input.cpp so ill give that a try I havent tried snes/nes yet so will give that a go but if someone has some help on the genesis and mame4all that would be great!

Thanks
  • Hi.
    With mame4all emulator you can to custom the controls pressing tab key with the keyboard. Don't worry if you shut down the raspberry because the configuration for your custom controls is saved.
    In other emulator I don't know how can I to custom de controls. I asked for the sega genesis controls in this post...

http://pimame.org/forum/discussion/660/can-i-edit-my-pad-controls#Item_1

I hope I've helped
  • Thanks! got the mame4all working. Tried editing the dgenrc file and it didnt work do I need to do something to compile the changes? sorry not too good with software stuff. Also tried editing the snes as well and no dice there either the .cfg changed but the controls dont work at all except for the arrows and start. Used the key codes from here http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Flash_10.0/help.html?content=00000520.html hope they are correct!

Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!