Help with NES/ADVMess
  • Hi Guys

I just got myself a raspberry pi because I decided I wanted a way to play some old games on my TV (etc).

I've got PiMAME setup and running on the Pi, but there are a couple of things I could really used some help on with the NES emulator at this stage.

Firstly, can anyone tell me if there is a way to disable the "are you allowed to use this ROM" part, this is causing a problem as I plan to run this setup without an attached keyboard which means I wouldn't be able to play NES games.

Secondly, I have an XBox 360 controller plugged in, while this works in the menu it does not appear to be recognised in the NES emulator. Can anyone suggest something I can do to remap the keys (or w/e) to get this working? The controller works fine in the menu, so the signals are being recieved.

If anyone could give me some suggestions on these issues it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Ok, after much hunting and searching I've found the xboxdrv_map.cfg (/home/pi/pimame_files) that combined with a bit of playing around with the keyboard might get me a quick fix.

Although I still would like to know where to change the key mappings for the NES emulator.
  • Try TAB while in a game. See if the configuration options come up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!