Snes GUI is frozen (shows list of games, but can't browse)
  • Hi,

While I'm able to run games independently by executing ./snes9x rom, running the Snes emulator GUI from the main menu only shows the list of games, but isn't browsable.

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks,
    Guy
  • Further analysis shows that this problem happens in all ADVMenu related emulators. Basically, once ADVMenu loads, the screen freezes, though the raspberry pi itself is still functional (can click CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart, for an instance).

Any ideas?
  • I ended up modifying menu.py so that it can list roms directly and dynamically.

I also added a favorites menu, so that it's easy to actually have a single list of my favorite games.

I didn't use the latest source, but if someone wants to use it or merge it, feel free:
    https://github.com/guyz/PiMAME
  • thats crazy awesome. Make a new branch and submit a pull request. Would love to have this in.
  • Sure, great :).

I'll tidy things up (and merge the code with v0.7.10), then submit one.
  • Submitted a pull request. I used v0.7.9 eventually, but the only difference as far as I can tell is the addition of the N64 option.

In essence, the added functionality:
    - List roms directly in PiMAME's menu
    - Add/remove roms from a favorites menu.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!