Design Preview - New Menu System for PiMAME
  • awesome Shea.. is it controllable using joystick?
  • it is better now that the old
  • Made a new account just to reply! Huge improvement! The current pimame lacks a proper user interface!

As a user experience designer I like the simplicity of the menu. I hope that it is easy customisable (possibility to make multiple designs same elements only different positioning)

* Change background (colour, or wallpaper)
    * Change thumbnail (european snes for instance, although I guess that's easy to change even without adding it in the user interface)

(I wonder what options are under 'options' seeing Joystick setup is an option on it's own)

What I'd like as a feature and I have a strong feeling others might as well if there is an option to be able to select and deselect emulators: e.g. checkboxes in a menu option. (You don't wanna look at a Playstation 1 icon if you don't want to have any games on your raspberry.)

To break down the input settings
    - Movement within menu:
    *Arrow/Joystick input

- Foward selected item:
    *Forward input (move forward through the next menu)

- Backward selected item:
    *Backspace input
    (go to previous menu e.g. browsing through snes roms but you wanna go back to game system menu's

- Option(s) selected item:
    *view options selected item (this way you can keep the user interface as clean as possible and once you're happy with the way things are, overview game systems and rom overview you won't be confronted with settings/options you don't use any more).

Example: Overview game systems menu, Move to SNES thumbnail [Options selected item] use Arrow/Joystick keys to move item sub option item "Joystick settings SNES" [Forward selected item] to confirm.

If you need advice or any way you think I might be able to contribute you can send me a mail.

Greetings Paul
    (sorry If my english is bad)

• Is the above menu released yet?
  • Any updates regarding this menu?
  • @peanut - Check out Shea's blog, he's working on it. Looking good so far :)

http://blog.sheasilverman.com
  • We're working on it. It can currently list emulators with rom count and display list of all roms. Some work on joysticks. In other words, it's going well.
    Here is a screenshot. Although I don't have any roms.
  • anyway to have the "list of roms" screen display a snap of the currently highlighted item?
  • thex:

that's coming for the next release.
  • @peanut
    It is very easy to remove an option from the menu by editing the menu configuration file: config.yaml
    I don't blame you for not wanting PSX emulation though, it will never be super fast on a Raspberry Pi. It's still impressive they got it to run that well though. :)

--
    Conno123009

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!