General Questions
  • I have a few general question I am hoping to get some help with. I used the pimame installer and have MAME working just fine with the AdvanceMame option. What is needed to use the Mame4All? No rooms are found.

Now that MAME is working I want to get NeoGeo roms working. Should the MetalSlug series show up in the AdvanceMame menus? If not any direction getting the NeoGeo up and running would be much appreciated.

Last question, do all roms regardless of the emulator go in the same directory?

Thanks!
  • there should be individual folders in the roms directory for each emulator. So for neogeo, put it in the gngeo / neo geo folder. For MAME4ALL, put it in the mame4all folder.

From the PiMAME menu, you would then load that specific emulator, like gngeo which has its own menu system and select the game to play.
  • Okay, this doesn't seem to be working. Here is what I have tried.

I have a folder called gneogeo but not gngeo. Under my gneogeo I have bin, roms, share folders. If I put my smslug.zip and neogeo.zip in the gneogeo/roms folder no games are found. When I put them in the root of gneogeo no games are found. If I put them at the pi/roms level like the mame roms they are found but don't load.
  • The full structure of my /pi/roms/gneogeo is as follows...

gneogeo
    -bin
    -roms
    --gngeo
    --man

I tried putting the roms in gngeo and no roms are found.
  • Could anyone post a screen shot of their gneogeo directory? Still looking for the correct place for the roms.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!