mp-8866-dual-usb-joypad PiMAME Debian Support
  • In order to use the mp-8866-dual-usb-joypad (PS2 controller to USB) do you need to patch or install anything to get the joysticks working? jstest registers no keypresses on the /dev/input/js0. I can see the device and jcal tells me how many buttons and axis are available but I can't get it to work with the PiMame distribution. I'm using the latest build on my raspberrypi b 2.0. I am powering the controllers off of a powered usb hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Since my mp-8866-dual-usb-joypad/super dual box Playstation2 Controller to USB adapter has the following vendor/type combo ->0925:8866 it doesn't get the HID_QUIRK_NOGET from the blacklist settings which are used for other versions of this controller.

Adding :

{ USB_VENDOR_ID_WISEGROUP, USB_DEVICE_ID_DUAL_USB_JOYPAD, HID_QUIRK_NOGET | HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT }

To:
    ./drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c at line #102

1) Used 0.7.10 piMame img to partition and setup my SDCard

2) Recompiling the kernel and modules [Follow this guide: http://elinux.org/RPi_Kernel_Compilation]
    3) drag and drop new kernel image and modules to SD card

(apparently I couldn't get it to boot without the built modules even though the usbhid module is a kernel builtin module I am changing. Also the guide doesn't mention all the other files that don't get produced by building the source like the module dependencies, etc. so just copy the built ones and leave any files not overwritten or added by the lib/modules)

It works now with that one line change. Oh happy day!!!
  • That's awesome. I'm working on big upgrade with PiMAME 0.8 but I may do a 0.7.11 release with this added
  • Cool! Thanks.

Would you also consider including the gamecon_gpio_rpi module into your release?
    (This module is available in retroPi. It's a module written to interact with commonly found console controllers through the gpio pins)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!