How can I get into contributing to PiMAME and how does the development process look like?
  • I'd like to create a git fork and improve upon/make my own changes to PiMAME, I'm wondering though how the development process works, I notice there are two githubs, one for PiMAME related files and one for the installer, so I guess I would fork both, direct the installer fork to the other fork, make changes to PiMAME, but then what? How do I quickly turn the changes into a running copy for testing? I guess I could either run the copy on qemu or a live RaspberryPi but what are the steps?

Some guesses:
    - Have a clean Raspbian image, after changes I write it to an SD card and run the install script. (this method seems a bit slow)
    - Have a PiMAME image running on SD card, run an update script (is there an update script? this seems ideal)
    - Same but switch SD card for an image running on qemu.
    - Other?

Thanks.
  • First of all, thanks for wanting to contribute :) It's really appreciated.

The easiest way is to fork both repos, create a new branch, and test on that branch. When you feel that your code is ready, send a pull request for that branch, ill test it, and merge it into master.

-Shea

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!