PiMAME 0.7 Released - Includes AdvanceMAME, MAME4All, and SNES9x
  • PiMAME 0.7 Beta 1 has been released!

New items include MAME4All and SNES9x.

In the roms folder you will see separate folders for each program.

If you used the installer, run ./update.sh to get these new features. A premade image is also available on the downloads page.

Let me know how it works out!

-Shea
  • Woo! First person to download it :)
  • good job shea , just a little prob. impossible to put roms in snes and mame4all
  • what do you mean impossible to put roms in there?
  • I transfer the rom for snes or MAME4ALL by filezilla or web front end but rom does not transfer.
    filezilla says "Critical error during file transfer, 553 Could not create file."
    transfers to rom for AdvanceMAME works
    sorry for my bad english
  • Possibly a permissions issue on the roms folder. User likely doesn't have write access. Try as root or "chmod 777" the folder (which is what is usually done by the mame4all install script).
  • I just tested it on my version, and I'm not having any issues. I'm going to reload an SD card and see what happens.
  • I just tested a fresh image of the PiMAME 0.7 beta1, and I was able to upload files through the rom uploader to the mame4all directory. Are you using the premade image or the installer?
  • update with installer
  • all is ok with fresh image 0.7 beta1 !
  • i have black screen on snesx9
  • Hi everyone!

I'm sorry but I can't login as root, somebody knows the password?

many thanks!!

mame forever!!!!!
  • The root password is "raspberry".
  • this is the pass that i tried, "raspberry"

su ->intro
    raspberry ->intro

and saids"Authentification failure"

:-(
  • in PIMAME 0.6 works su-raspberry but not for me in 0.7
  • Try:
    "sudo su"
  • outstandig!!!

many thanks!!!
  • I have roms on a USB drive and I want to get them into the mame4all but I can't find the roms folder - specifically for mame4all. I know where the advmame roms folder is but not the mame4all. Will someone direct me in newbie terminology?
  • if you are running the latest PiMAME version, there should be a folder in the roms/ directory called mame4all. That folder is where you should put the roms. Let me know if you have any issues!
  • Yes! Success! I have the games and they play and everything! No issues. Just had to change the sound to hdmi again. Say, could you tell me how to rotate the screen so it's vertical for mame4all? Thanks so much!
    Lovin' the PiMAME. I even ordered my full two player arcade kit from arcade world! Should be here in a week or so. Bar Top Cabinet here I come!
  • someone has black screen on Snes9x in HDMI ?
  • deleted
  • hello, great job with this. Im kinda new at it. I have been successfully running 0.5 with MAME roms. But now I have 2 issues that I hope you can help with.
    1) SNES ROMS work, but the screen is a little garbled and after a while pops back to SNES menu screen
    2) Some of the ROMS in MAME dont work on MAME4ALL, is that normal?
    thanks
  • @rocket you need MAME 0.106 roms for Advmame and MAME 0.37b5 roms for MAME4ALL. Can't talk sources here but have a look around and you will find complete sets for each. Also with the SNES roms might be worth trying a few other sets, again can't talk sources but they are about.
    Hope that at least gets you on the way.
  • @rocket Also, check out this post about getting SNES roms to work - in particular the post from @Alfacentory. Sounds similar to your problem.
    http://pimame.org/forum/discussion/148/snes-roms-not-working#Item_3
  • thanks @nicktones, I will make sure I have the correct roms for MAME, I was experimenting a bit, and noticed some worked and some did not. Your info should help make it faster.
    As far as the SNES roms, I did try the solution posted, rebooted, and still same. Maybe Ill try some new Roms?
    thanks again
  • Yeah worth a shot. Post back with your results.
  • Hello, ok finally can break free for a few minutes to play around ... work always gets in the way!
    I figured out the MAME rom issue, thanks @nicktones

But for the SNES I tried some different ROMS and still no luck.
    The screen is still distorted, I can see the games, and play them, but the screen looks horrible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here is my config.txt file. (man I hate VI :)

pi@raspberrypi /boot $ more config.txt
    # uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
    #hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment this if your display has a black border of unused pixels visible
    # and your display can output without overscan
    #disable_overscan=1

# uncomment the following to adjust overscan. Use positive numbers if console
    # goes off screen, and negative if there is too much border
    #overscan_left=16
    #overscan_right=16
    #overscan_top=16
    #overscan_bottom=16

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus
    # overscan.
    #framebuffer_width=1280
    #framebuffer_height=720

# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
    #hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
    #hdmi_group=1
    #hdmi_mode=1

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in
    # DMT (computer monitor) modes
    #hdmi_drive=2

# uncomment to increase signal to HDMI, if you have interference, blanking, or
    # no display
    config_hdmi_boost=4

# uncomment for composite PAL
    #sdtv_mode=2

#uncomment to overclock the arm. 700 MHz is the default.
    arm_freq=900
    sdram_freq=500

# for more options see http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt
    core_freq=250
    #sdram_freq=400
    over_voltage=0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!