Slow Mortal Kombat
  • Hi I want to build an arcade machine. My favourite game, and so the first I tried, is Mortal Kombat II

It is small on the raspberry Pi. very very slow with advancemame while in an old eeepc (not so more power...) it works very well (archlinux sdlmame).

Is there a possibility to install sdlmame ?

Also, no ROM shows in mame4all (supposed to be faster).
    What I need to check to know if a ROM is compatible with mame4all ? where I can find ROMs specifically for mame4all ?
  • Hello!

Mame4all works with the 0.37b5 romset and (i never checked...) i don't think that the advancemame romset is compatible with him.
    So try with a 0.37b5 version of your rom, it may run faster :-)
  • Hi !
    I got very a lot of problem trying to find a 0.37b5 romset...
    I can't find any romset or rom !!!

If I try to convert my roms from current mame to 0.37b5 using clrmamepro or romcenter mame4all see the roms but if I start MK I get a segmentation fault error about GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_lookup: assertion `hash_table !=NULL` failed

I cannot find 0.37b5 ROMs... is there a SURE way to convert from current romset ?
  • Hum... It's odd...
    This romset is also used for the mame4all Android version so, normally it must be quite easy to find :-/
    And for the convertion, i never used it so i can't help...
  • HI !!
    I found a complete Romset. Almost all I have tested works...

EXCEPT MORTAL KOMBAT II !!!!

I still have the "g_hash_table_lookup" error with al versions of mk2 and mk3 (mk works)

Also in mame4all the screen goes out of TV vertically and I haven't found display options in the game menu. I had to change in the configuration file ? It is game dependent ?
  • For your MK issue i checked here :
    https://code.google.com/p/imame4all/issues/detail?id=67
    It seems that they can't work with this version of mame... Sorry for you :-\
    On the other hand if your patient enough you could wait for Udoo who could certainly run a more recent version of mame (and so mk games :-) ) : http://www.udoo.org

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!